—GolfCartTips.com is a participant in affiliate services from Amazon and other affiliate programs. If you buy something through our links, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Check our legal information for more details.–
There are many third-party vendors that sell the same meter as their competitors, just branded differently. This review covers the different varieties, sizes, and features available and selects the best value items from the hundreds available.
An electric golf cart needs a meter to alert the driver that it is time to head home and recharge. They are inexpensive and easy for the do-it-yourselfers to install. This is a list of the best golf cart battery meters in the electrical accessories category. Enjoy!
DROK Battery Monitor, 10-100V Digital Battery Capacity Tester, Percentage Level Voltage Temperature Switch Meter Gauge 12V 24V 36V 48V LCD Display Marine RV Battery Power Indicator Panel
- APPLICABLE BATTERY — DROK digital battery monitor is suitable for 10-100V (12v 24v 36v 48v 60v 72v 96v) lithium battery, lead-acid battery, lithium iron phosphate battery, Ni MH battery. Default 12 volt lead acid battery.
- APPLICATION — this multimeter can be used as battery voltage meter, battery capacity
- NOT for use with Lithium batteries or Optima and Brute Force batteries.
- For use on all lead acid batteries including Exide, Trojan, Interstate and private label brands
- Does not plug in to cart wiring harness. You supply wiring.
- Normally Open and Normally closed internal relays with 200 ma
48 Volt EZGO LED Battery Meter Indicator Gauge for EZGO Car Golf Cart/Trojan Batteries (48V-EZGO/Trojan Batteries)
36 Volt Golf Cart Battery Meter-State Of Charge Meter
- 52mm (2 1/16″) Round State of Charge meter
- Made in the USA
- Comes with mounting hardware(U-bracket, nuts and washers) to mount into any 52mm hole
- Fits all 36 volt carts
Automotive Authority LLC® 48V Golf Cart Digital Volt Meter Battery Gauge for Use On Club Car EZGO Yamaha 48 Volt – Blue
- 48V blue digital volt meter. This voltage meter will give you a real time voltage reading from your batteries. You will never have to risk being stranded from your batteries going dead.
- Display Color: Blue
- Dimensions: 1.6″ x 1″ x 0.79″
- Refresh Rate: 0.5 Second
- Design: Waterproof, Dust-Proof,
Battery Meter, DROK Blue Back-light LCD Battery Capacity Monitor DC 8-63V Digital Battery Tester Automotive, Lithium ion Battery Electric Quantity Detector 12V 24V 36V 48V Lead Acid Battery Status
- APPLICATION — Power bank; medical device, electromobile, self-balance car, motorcycle, etc.
LCD Battery Capacity Monitor Gauge Meter,Waterproof 12V/24V/36V/48V Lead Acid Battery Status Indicator,Lithium Battery Capacity Tester Voltage Meter Monitor Green Backlight for Vehicle Battery
- Wide Working Voltage Range: This battery monitor can tolerate widest working voltage range (DC 6-63V).Can be adjusted to 12V, 34V, 36V, 48V according to the battery voltage.Powered by tested circuit, don’t need extra power source.
- PVC Waterproof Screen Protector: Waterproof shell with two buttons.The function button is for
Qiilu LED Battery Indicator Meter, 12V 24V 36V 48V 72V LED Digital Battery Indicator Meter Gauge Charge Status Monitor Compact Tester for Carts Forklift Car Scooter Motorcycle
- ?Widely Application —— Battery Gauge works for 12V/24V, 36V, 48V/72V battery of carts, marine, motorcycle, ATV, tractor, truck, forklift, etc.
- ?LED Bar Indicate —— Specifically designed to monitor the power level of battery while charging or discharging. Display of 10 segment LED bar graph. Memory option to recall
Runleader 12V to 48V Digital LED Battery Capacity Monitor, Hours Volt Meter Gauge – Suitable for Battery Lead-Acid LiFePO4 “Trojian” Gel AGM,Works on Golf Club Forklift Go Kart RV Trailer Stacker.
- BATTERY STATE OF CHARGE —- Get an accurate battery power reading during charge or discharge status, which clearly displayed by 10 LED bar and percentage value; Programmable working voltage(12V 24V 36V 48V) and discharge curve(battery type) selection.
- TIMING COUNTER —- Keep tracks of actual running time of engine(TOT),
Top 10 Meters Reviewed
This is a list of the meters listed above with the details of the products reviewed
Pros: This is an easy-to-use, highly configurable meter. The display is bright and easy to see and the range of colors makes it simple to check the condition of your battery charge from any angle. It is very accurate once the base voltage is set and is a small footprint in the dashboard.
Cons: Higher than usual failure rate. Users found the instructions confusing.
Pros: This unit works fairly well and is easy to install. Some people find the display a little hard to read but for the price, pretty good unit.
Cons: The unit is a little bit fragile and installation should be done carefully. The advertised image does not show that only one bar at a time lights up.
Pros: This unit draws 20 milliamperes of power and could be left on full-time with minimal battery drain. It uses a 2-inch holland the bezel is 2.25” making it a small use of dashboard space. This is for 48 volts only.
Cons: can be difficult to see in broad daylight. When received, it had no instructions and requires a lot of guesswork.
Pros: A 48v only meter the features a flashing alarm at 90% discharge to prevent battery damage. The three terminals are a positive and negative and a common for unit power.
Cons: EZGO specific, do not purchase for other models as this may not perform.
Pros: This is a basic 36V meter that will require a separate on/off switch if you want to eliminate the small battery drain. Easy to read dial and budget-friendly.
Cons: Installation is a bit challenging for some customers. Not configurable since it is an analog readout, and end-user must take note of the needle position when the batteries are at the ready-to-be-charged point since some carts will show in the lower green.
Pros: This is an accurate meter rated up to 140v and you can’t beat the price. The drain on the batteries is small but should be on a switch if the cart is left for long periods. Bright display. They have top-notch customer support.
Cons: This unit usually arrives with no instructions, and should be test-wired before cutting a hole in the dash.
Top Rated For Function And Price
Pros: Simple and easy to read is how I would describe this unit. The price is excellent and once set, is fairly accurate. You can bracket mount this or mount it using a small hole for just the connector (if you don’t mind it not being flush with the surface.)
Cons: Users have some confusion during the initial installation. The meter will read 100% unless the following is done prior to the permanent installation.
- Power off the Cart
- Hold the button down on the back of the meter.
- While holding down the button turn on the power. The LCD will display a 2-digit code letting you know what it is currently set to monitor.
- Press the button to scroll to the correct setting for your battery (the chart is in the instructions). 12v=P1 24v=P2 36v=P3 48v=P4 etc.
- After the correct code is displayed, turn off the power.
- Turn the power back on. The meter will now display the correct battery level.
Pros: This is an inexpensive meter that does what it is designed for. Once calibrated for your base voltage, it will display the current voltage level of your battery pack. It is waterproof in case your cart is caught in the rain.
Cons: Cannot be used for Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries, 1-2 Li batteries in series and over 15 Li batteries in series.
Pros: Reads a wide range of battery with a fairly bright display.
Cons: This has a high price and is not as accurate as most other meters. The product picture shows an unlit gauge, but in reality, only one bar is lit at a time.
Pros: This allows you to set Run hours as well as display the state of charge.
Cons: Difficult to install, and difficult to read the LCD unless you are at the correct viewing angle. You cannot reset the hours once it is set.
As with all products, carefully read what other consumers’ experiences are. Remember that, although generally inexpensive, once the opening is cut to install the meter of your choice, a failed meter will need to have a replacement of the same or close dimensions.